ICSEng Conference Discussion Panel
"Supplemental Training for the Newly Graduated Engineer"
The Discussion Panel will be presented on Tuesday, August 16, 2011, between 1.00 and
4.00 pm on the UNLV campus.
The Panel Moderator will manage the proceedings and will introduce each Panel Member.
The Panel Members will each speak for about 20 minutes on a preselected topic.
Their presentation will include their qualifications for speaking on the selected topic,
their observations that support their topic, and suggestions on how the engineer's
weakness in the topic area might be addressed. They will not be trying to fix the
weakness in the newly graduated engineers in the audience; rather, they will be
speaking to the greater engineering community in an attempt to raise their awareness
of these weaknesses and suggest sections of this community that might be able to
effectively address these weaknesses.
The Discussion Panel will have the following characteristics:
- It will have 6 panel members that are recognized in their fields,
- Following the last presentation, the floor will then be opened to questions and
comments from the audience,
- None of the Discussion Panel proceedings will be captured in the Conference
- A separate registration fee will be assessed for those wanting to attend the
The topics selected by the Panel Members
- "Communication" by Jack Ring from Systems Engineering Contracting,
- "Lifecycle Environmental Impacts" by Jeff Grady from Engineering Contracting
and University Systems Engineering Instruction
- "Ethics" by Ken Sohocki from Major Manufacturing
- "Complex Systems" by Brian White from Research and Consulting Engineering
- "Working in a Team Environment" by Adam Godorov from Utilities Engineering
The Panel Moderator will be John Clouet who has been practicing Systems Engineering
for more than 25 years.
Questions and comments
Questions and comments can be submitted to:
phone: +1 702 655 2890
Discussion Panel Registration Fees
The Panel Discussion Registration is only for attending the Panel for one day.
The panel registration is necessary to attend the discussion (regardless of other
registrations in the ICSEng Conference).
- $50 - Regular
- $25 - Student/Senior
The Discussion Panel Registration Fee for delegates DOES NOT include:
- Copy of the conference proceedings
- Other conference materials
- Conference banquette
Method of Payment
Credit Card - please go to
registration form and fill all fields.
After that you will be automatically redirected to a secure website, where payment can be made.
After the transaction, Payment Confirmation page will appear, also confirmation email will be sent.
Please print this page as your confirmation.
No cancelation refund is available.